Travel Style: Family Friendly
Planning a vacation for multiple generations? Pack up the kids, grandkids and great-grandkids because we’ve got fun for all ages!
To get your trip planning started, here are a few popular (and easily accessible) local experiences. Use our online trip planner to design your ultimate escape, and be sure to add a few of these family-friendly favorites if they aren’t on your itinerary already!
- Take a beautiful nature walk at Santa Ynez Valley Botanic Garden or Nojoqui Falls Park. Both provide a 10-15 minute walk with ample sitting areas, picnic tables and playgrounds in scenic settings.
- Feed the ostriches and emus at Ostrichland USA.
- Spend an afternoon in Solvang, touring Old Mission Santa Ines and exploring the boutique shops and eateries on a surrey cycle.
- Make new friends in the petting zoo at Seein’ Spots Farm in Ballard.
- Rent electric bikes and cruise around quaint Los Olivos, stopping at Global Gardens for an interactive olive oil tasting and Enjoy! Cupcakes for a mini cupcake flight.
- Visit one of the area’s fresh produce stands or self-pick berry farms, such as Santa Barbara Blueberries. (Blueberry season is June-July, Raspberry season is August-October.)
- Find one-of-a-kind gifts and clothing at ONEderchild Children’s Gifts & Consignment.
- Great for Families: Antonio’s Pizza, Mother Hubbard’s Restaurant
- Sweets & Treats: Pattibakes, Woody’s Frozen Yogurt